CULTURA VIVA TRAVEL AGENCY – PAYMENT & REFUND POLICIES
Cultura Viva Travel Agency wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with Cultura Viva Travel Agency.
- THE CONTRACT
All persons wishing to make a booking have carefully read and understand our Terms and Conditions that follow. By making a booking with Cultura Viva Travel Agency or its Agents, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those named on the booking including minors and person under a disability to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when Cultura Viva Travel Agency sends a confirmation invoice or email. It is at this point that a contract between Cultura Viva Travel Agency and the Client comes into existence; before your booking is confirmed and a contract comes into force.
Cultura Viva Travel Agency or their agents reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion. The person or persons named on the booking are hereafter referred to as the “Client”. These Terms and Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between Cultura Viva Travel Agency and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. The service to be provided is/are the tour(s) referred to in the booking confirmation.
- ABOUT TRIP COST – Prices & Surcharges
Cultura Viva Travel Agency reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take into account of the following items: Government action, Currency fluctuations, transportation costs (including the cost of fuel), food increases, airport charges and increase in scheduled air fares or any other increase that is beyond our control. All prices are United States Dollar based.
Should any price increase, Cultura Viva Travel Agency will absorb the price increase only if the price increase is less than 4% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 4%, the client will be surcharged 100% of the difference with the original price.
To secure a booking with Cultura Viva Travel Agency, the client must pay deposit 30% of tour cost per person per trip at time of booking for your booking to be confirmed. If booking is made 30 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due.
- A deposit of US$ 200 per person is required to confirm the Inca Trail (non-refundable deposit).
- All flights (domestic and international) must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces.
- Cruise bookings are subject to special deposit policies depending on the boat.
- If booking is made 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING AND FINAL PAYMENTS
If we accept your booking we will issue a confirmation invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or if you book within 7 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your deposit. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 30 – 45 days before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- FULL PAYMENT AND RECONFIRM OF BOOKING
- Full payment or balance of payment must be paid 60 – 45 days before trip departure date.
• As soon as we receive the full payment; we will send you an e-mail reconfirming your booking.
• If booking is made 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due.
• If full payment or balance of payment is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Credit Card
Once you decide to book our services (trek, tour, package, flight, hotel, train, etc.) you can pay by our safest and fastest online payment with credit card (VISA and MasterCard) and you must add 2% per transaction to your Initial bill as it is a Credit Card commission charges.
- Wire Transfer
You can directly transfer funds from your own banking account to our banking account. There is a US$ 50 admin fee attached to this account that you need to add onto the amount you are sending. We will send you details of our account upon your confirmation of trip.
Duration of taken to receive transfer: 1 day to 3 days dependent on where you are sending from.
- Western Union
Another way to do your payment from abroad and avoid high bank charges or taxes is using WESTERN UNION, a global transfer service that has a large network of offices around the world. From the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Netherlands & Norway you can make the money transfer online. Just visit the website www.westernunion.com and follow the instructions. Visa and Master Card can be used. We will send you details of what information to use upon your confirmation of trip.
Duration of taken to receive transfer: Almost instantaneous.
- c) PayPal
We accept payments through PayPal; by this payment method PayPal charges a commission of 5% and you must pay it. (Example: Initial amount US$ 100 + PayPal 5% charge you must pay US$ 105).
- CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT – NOT APPLY FOR INCA TRAIL AND FLIGHTS
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing and be acknowledged by Cultura Viva Travel Agency in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by Cultura Viva Travel Agency or its Agents will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking, we will retain 15% of the deposit for administrative expenses and staff
- 70 days or more prior to departure, non-refundable deposit.
- 69-31 days; we will retain – 70% of the deposit
- 30-16 days; we will retain – 75% of trip cost
- 15 days or less; we will retain – 100% of trip cost
- Payments or deposit for flights and Inca Trail bookings are non-refundable due to airlines and Inca Trail policies.
- In case of postponing the trip, an administration fee of 15% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Cultura Viva Travel Agency.
- No refund will be made if you voluntary leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Cultura Viva Travel Agency, if you are involuntary forced to leave a trip for any reason. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services no utilized.
- It is strongly recommended that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges.